- Ribs, backbone and hip bones easily seen1; with no overlying fat layer
- Some mid muscle loss particularly noticeable around shoulders and thighs
- Exaggerated waistline2
- Severe tummy tuck3
- Ribs can be easily felt and may be seen, with backbone and hip bones just visible1 and no overlying fat layer
- Obvious waistline2
- Marked tummy tuck3
- 1. In short haired dogs.
- 2. When viewed from above.
- 3. When viewed from the side.
- The Body Condition System was developed at the Nestle Purina Petcare Center and has been validated in the following publications Kealy RD.2002. JAVMA vol.220, p.1315-1320. Laflamme DP. Canine Practise Jul/Aug 1997; 22:10-15. MawbyD, Bartages JW, Moyers T et al. Compendium 2001; 23[9A]:70.